IN THE HOOP - EMBROIDERY FOR THE LARGE HOOP
EMBROIDERY IN THE HOOP
by Ellen Mason - JOY Designs
This is a general method of stitching embroidery design in the hoop. Please use some discretion in using your
selected design -- not all will work. Always test stitch before stitching on your final item.
1 pc - fat quarter muslin or poly/cotton
1 pc - fat quarter print fabric
1 pc - Cut Away stabilizer
Threads: colors required for the embroidered design.
Optional - Fabric glue spray
Machine, Embroidery accessories, appropriate hoop for the design.
Basic sewing supplies
1. Prepare fabrics: Use spray starch and press.
2. Optional: Use spray glue to adhere the muslin piece to the Cut Away stabilizer.
3. Set up machine.
4. Select design.
5. Using the large hoop -- hoop the Cut Away and muslin.
6. Stitch a baste stitch if your machine has that capability.
7. Embroidery the design.
8. After stitching the design --- STOP THE MACHINE -- DO NOT REMOVE HOOP FROM THE
9. Slide the print fabric (right side down) under the hoop.
10. Continue stitching the design - it should be a satin stitch border.
11. Upon completion, remove hoop from machine; cut all jump stitches; apply Fray Chek to the back side around
the towel opening and outside edges ---- allow to dry.
12. Remove from hoop; trim around edges; cut open slots opening.
13. For towels - stitch a button hole and button in place for hanging.